Thousands of times people ask me from where do you get your protein when I tell them I don’t eat meat .
Today a women who lives in my building and is very irksome asked the same question and after getting the answer from me extolled herself how she can eat tub of KFC , and how she cannot live without meat.
WOW! YOU WILL BE RECEIVING A CALL FROM PRESIDENT SOON FOR THIS ACCOMPLISHMENT. YOU WILL BE AWARDED NOBEL PRIZE AND MEDAL OF HONOR.
She provoked me to pen down my thoughts here.
Th italicized are my expressions and voices in my head to such questions.
1. What ? You don’t eat non vegetarian food?
Am I committing a crime, did I just ask you for your kidney? Why this expression?
2. But then from where do you get your protein ?
Go and read few 7 and 8 grade science books and you will know about nutrients .
3. You are in wrong company, hang out with us and you will be a non veg soon.
Wow ! So Tempting !
4. Don’t eat the meat, just taste the curry.
5.Does anyone in your family eats meat or not?
How does it matter?
6.You are so religious.
Yes, I haven’t been to any temple in a couple of years.I haven’t prayed at any gathering. But it’s fun to know I am religious. You have laser eyes, just saw me through.
7. Hindus don’t eat cows , rest is fine. Why don’t you try chicken, lamb etc
8. What will you do when you will go out of your country?
I am not only out of my country for a long time now, but I have maintained my diet in places like China and Japan as well.
9. All vegetables taste the same.
Are you sure that you are eating different vegetables and your vegetable vendor is not selling you same vegetable since eternity.
10. Your taste buds are not developed.
Your brain is not developed